NuFace is a small, portable microcurrent device heavily marketed through the internet and various woman’s magazines. The various models of Nu Face sell for $250 to $600 and are claimed to give a “non-surgical face lift”. The Acutron or VB1000 systems are larger, professional systems that sell for thousands of dollars and many professionals also say it gives a non-surgical face lift. What is the difference? Should you just save your money and get a Nu Face?
It all depends on what your intended use is. Both units use micro current and both do a form of facial rejuvenation. That is where the similarity ends.
There is one advantage to NuSkin – it is very portable and can slip into your purse. You could use it for quick touch ups when you are in the lady’s room preparing for a blind date or big interview.
The Acutron or VB1000 Microlight systems will not slip in your purse (although I have seen SOME purses it could slip into!) but it will majorly out-perform Nu Skin or any small portable unit. Major advantages of Microlight devices:
1. Uses much higher voltages so can lift and tone more strongly without any discomfort
2. Offers combination of microcurrent and therapeutic color light (12 color options) – this greatly boosts the immediate and long term benefits
3. Includes both Microlight probes and Lifting Wands for body sculpting, neck lifts and other muscle treatments
4. Has 4 channels so multiple parts of the body can be treated at the same time, and for doing electro-massage.
5. Multi-purpose: may also be used by licensed professionals for rapid pain relief, electro-acupuncture and other healthcare treatments
6. Built for intensive, professional use so that you could treat thousands of patients over 5 years or more
7. Customers report generating between $30,000 to $300,000 income per year with one Acutron!
8. Comes with what has been called “the best training and support in the industry” by many happy users.
9. Need I go on?
It is obvious that you get what you pay for. Actually, comparing Nu Skin and Acutron is like comparing a bicycle and a motor home with all the trimmings – they both can move you down the road but the utility and ride is completely different. These are not really competitive devices. And both have their place in the world.